A look at the popular fabrics
Whenever it comes to clothing, the first thing that requires consideration is comfort. And comfort is decided by the fabrics you choose for your shirt. Men’s shirts in India comes in a variety of fabrics. And here is a list of the most favourite fabrics of Indian men:
Introducing yourself to the variety of fabrics
- Oxford fabric– this is one of the most popular fabrics for men’s shirts in India. They are traditional and comfortable. The unique feature of this fabric lies in its uni-directional weaving that gives a perfect soothing look for the eyes as well. The oxford shirts are one of the most common and favourite type of shirt not only of the Indian men but of men around the globe. Hence, in a country where the temperatures are always at boiling point these are one of the best fabrics to go with.
- Poplin fabric– this is also a very soft material the weaving of which allows a perfect texture. The best thing about this fabric is the fact that they can easily accept colour and most of the beautiful designs and colours combinations are given on these fabric. The best patterns are made in this making most of the shirts made in this fabric look sporty and bright. They are more of a regular comfortable and casual wear.
- Twill fabric– this is the fabric that contains the highest textures. They are woven in a way so that they can portray a heavy textured look. These fabrics are mainly used for making shirts for occasions that demand a soothing yet a heavy look. They are great for office parties. In office parties you need to look sober yet funky and it is absolutely possible with this fabric. They are mainly of two types- cotton twills and herringbone twills.
- Broadcloth fabrics– they are the heavy form of the poplin fabrics. It has all the features of a poplin fabric but is a little more heavily woven.
- End-on-end fabrics– they are most comfortable to the eyes. Mainly in this type of fabric the shirt is made with the basic white colour along with another colour giving a faint checked look. They are cool and funky and also when dressed formally gives the best formal look.